1) How many suspense films were released in 2009? How many films were released altogether last year?
- In 2009 there were only 31 suspense films released when there was a total of 503 that were released.
2) Action, animation and comedy account for 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. Why do you think these genres are so popular?
-The majority of cinema-goers are pre-teens and adolescents. Action, animation and comedy are what the younger generation prefer and that is why it was 52% of the Box Office.
3) Why do you think Thrillers account for quite a low proportion of UK Box Office takings (4% in 2009)?
- I think that because of the age restrictions of the films, they are a low percentage. Most people who go to the cinema are of younger ages and so do not get to see the thriller films.
4) Looking at the 'genre by gender' diagram above, what information can be derived about Thriller audiences and gender?
- From the above diagram it shows that another reason for comedy being a big part of the box office is because it appeals to both men & women despite their ages. Also you can see that thrillers may appeal more to men as it can include horror and action, but because suspense is more on the womens side it shows they are interested in it as well as thrillers definitely have suspense.