CODES AND CONVENTIONS !
- Establishing shot of the location and setting - London
- Title sequence in a specific order - Production company, title, actors, directors etc
- Ident for production company - Beginning of film
- Genre - Thriller
- Settle down time - We did not exactly have any, as soon as the movie started the soundtrack was already playing, we done this in order to grab there attention immediately
- Intertextuality - Establishing shot of the city (London) and in Taking of Pelham 123 (New York)
9 SHOTS FROM MY TITLE SEQUENCE AN 9 SHOTS FROM 'THIS IS ENGLAND'
- They are both set in England (hence the name) however, there are establishing shots of common areas in England that allow the audience to establish the location
- The titles fonts are very similar, especially the film title and, they both go on top of the establishing shot
- The actors name in This is England appear over the characters, although in the cycle they appear on a blank screen however, we are introduced to main characters in both films.
- The close ups signify particular characters because they are the most important e.g. Elias and the girl and guy kissing in This is England
- Both films have the editors appear after we are introduced to the characters and after the editors both films have the producer/executive producer appear.