^^^^ The worksheet where I got the information from^^^^
1) How many suspense films were released in 2009? How many films were released altogether last year?
31 suspense films were released in 2009 and 503 films where released altogether last year.
2) Action, animation and comedy account fro 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. Why do you think these genres are so popular?
I think these genres are so popular because of the fact that they generally appeal to a young audience who are most likely go to the cinemas and invest money on watching films.
3) why do you think Thrillers account from quite a low proportion of UK Box Office takings (4% in 2009)?
This was probably because Thrillers have a limited age certificate and also action and comedy movies that are released at the same time as Thrillers will overtake sales because they have a wider target audience.
4) Looking at the 'genre by gender' diagram above, what information can be derived about Thriller audiences and gender?
Females often go to view romantic genres as they are primarily associated with women. Surprisingly the genre 'Suspense' is more on the women's side of the diagram and that because thier are different types of Thrillers they may appeal to women more than men. Comedy is the genre featured in the middle which shows that its target audience is for both men and women.
5) Look at the age certificate for 10 of the films featured on the teaching blog. What does this tell you about Thriller audiences?
This tells is that most thriller films are targeted at people over the ages on 15 and that some scenes may be only appropriate for those ages